– Steering committee, International Partnership for Satoyama
– Kenya Wetlands Biodiversity Research group (KENWEB)
– Society for Conservation Biology
– IUCN Otter Specialist Group
– Ecological Society of America
The Big Conservation Lie’ is a wake up call focused on a field that has been ‘front and centre’ of many people’s hearts and minds in recent years; The conservation of Africa’s wildlife. It is a pursuit whose power to inspire is only rivalled by it’s ability to blind it’s audience to reality. This book takes the reader through Kenya’s conservation ‘industry’ and the players therein with all their prejudices, weaknesses and commitment to causes, many of which are indistinguishable from their personalities. It is a call to indigenous Africans to claim their place at the table where the management of their natural resources is being discussed and invites well-meaning donors to look beyond the romantic images and detect the possible role of their money in the disenfranchisement of a people.